DE14 Wrap Up & Next Questions
From Physical Narration
WRAP UP AND NEXT QUESTIONS
- how do we reach out with all these ideas?
- ethics, disclosure, consent. How to integrate that within an ongoing discussion. How to not scare people off.
- how do you find the stories a group of stakeholders needs rather than going to a community with a story.
- how to make it feel natural
- how to find out about the impact on people and harvest that info and re-broadcast this as an outcome
- harvest as part of the cycle, surfaces valuable stories for the whole process
- weirdness, confusion, structure came up during various talks, politics, literacy issues
- how to activate situations
- idea of disappointment, what happens if an image of a future does not happen. What to do to keep a sense of optimism
- future changes as we build it. Concept of agile project management, iterative approach, exploratory forecast, something that is designed to evolve as environment changes
- more utopian future scenarios than dystopian
- too often professional futurists are expected to do the forecasts and we don't do enough to teach them the process. We need to distribute these capabilities of how to talk to these audiences
- idea of a daily thing you can do to keep your mind open
- idea of scale, we talk about the big futures, idea of permaculture principle
- we have not really figured out how to work with multiple resolutions or scopes
- when i think about scale i think about fractals. Similar patterns at diff levels of scale.
- develop critical theory of futurology, esp relationship with power
- accupuncture approach
- getting around constraints of practice. future and forecast is dissolving in lots of diff areas. Forecast as a kind of ability to sort things and shape it into stories. Socialization of ideas – how can that move forward, are there other ways of connecting these practices, better methodologies and tools?
- we need to integrate futurist methodologies in the social bodies, we should be striving for the extinction of futurist consultency. Need to create future scenarios bottom up
- offer extrinsic motivation, tackle people's curiosity